Sponsor your spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner, child, parent or grand-parent

Canadian citizens and permanent residents that are at least 18 years of age can sponsor their relative to come to Canada under the federal government’s family sponsorship program.

A relative under the family class is defined as a spouse, a common-law partner, a conjugal partner, a dependent child (by birth or adopted), parents and/or grand-parents and other eligible relatives.

Since December 22nd 2014, spouses and common-law partners that are in Canada are issued an open work permit while awaiting the final decision on their application for permanent residence.

To qualify as a sponsor, an individual has to meet the criteria as defined by Citizenship and Immigration Canada and agree to financially support the family member and provide for their basic needs such as shelter, food and clothing.

If you are interested in sponsoring a family member, contact us to determine your eligibility to sponsor your loved one.