The Canadian Federal government’s Temporary Foreign Workers (TFW) program allows eligible foreign workers to work in Canada for a temporary and authorized period of time.

Under this program, employers need to demonstrate they were unable to fill the positions by Canadian citizens or permanent residents. Employers also need to prove that the hiring of Temporary Foreign Workers will not impact the Canadian labour market negatively through obtaining a Labor Market Impact Assessment from HRSDC.

Once the Labor Market Impact Assessment is acquired by the employer, the organization is ready to hire foreign nationals for a pre-determined duration of time. As such, both employers and job seekers need this authorization in order for foreign nationals to obtain their work permit, allowing him/her to work for the designated employer in the identified role. Spouses of work permit holders can apply for an open work permit and children can also be eligible to study.

Employers can contact us to book a FREE Canada Employer consultation to meet Danielle Thériault, our Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC).